Movie offers are a great way to save some money while watching your favourite movies in the theatre. You can avail a lot of discounts on movie tickets from BookMyShow, Paytm, and other companies. But have you ever considered using your credit card to avail even more movie offers? If not, you should consider it.
5 Best Credit Cards for Movie Offers
|ICICI Bank Coral Credit Card|
|SBI Elite Credit Card|
|RBL Movies & More Credit Card|
|HDFC Titanium Times Credit Card|
|Citi Cash Back Credit Card|
Different credit cards offer various types of movie offers. Some offer cash back on movies, some offer reward points on movie ticket purchases, while some offer free movie tickets on achieving spend milestones. The cards selected as the top 5 cards are based on maximum annual saving that can be achieved on movie ticket purchases.
Have a look at the 5 best credit cards for movie offers!
1. ICICI Bank Coral Credit Card
ICICI Bank Coral Credit Card is a great card for movie lovers as you can save up to Rs. 6000 in a year.
Annual fees: Rs. 500
Reward rate: 1% on dining, groceries, and supermarkets
ICICI Bank Coral Credit Card Features & Details
|Joining Fee||Rs. 1000|
|Renewal Fee||Rs. 500|
|Rewards||4 PAYBACK points on every Rs. 100 spent on dining, groceries and at supermarkets.
2 PAYBACK points on every Rs. 100 spent on other transactions (except fuel).
|Welcome Gift||Provogue tie worth Rs. 999|
|Dial-a-draft – transaction fee||3% of the draft value amount (minimum Rs. 300)|
|Cash Advance Fee||2.50% on advanced amount (minimum Rs. 300)|
|Railway booking – surcharge||1.80% of transaction value for Internet transactions and
2.50% for other bookings.
|Interest Rate||3.40% (monthly) 40.80 (annually)|
|Late Payment Charges||Less than Rs. 100- Nil
Between Rs.100 and Rs. 500- 100
Between Rs. 501 and Rs. 10000- 500
More than Rs. 10000- Rs. 750
|Outstation cheque processing fee||1% of the cheque value (minimum Rs. 100)|
ICICI Bank Coral Credit Card Movie Offers
On any day of the week, buy one ticket and get the other ticket free. You can get free movie tickets worth Rs. 500 in a month, thus saving Rs. 6000 annually on your movie spends. Details of the offer described below:
- The free ticket has a cap of Rs. 250.
- Every month you can get two free movie tickets.
- The success of the booking depends on first come first serve
- Earn 4 payback points on dining, groceries, and supermarkets
- Earn 2 payback points on all other spends (except fuel)
- One complimentary domestic airport lounge visits per quarter
- Minimum 15% discount at over 2100 restaurants in India
To learn more about the card, read our ICICI Bank Coral Credit Card Full Review.
2. SBI Elite Credit Card
SBI Elite Credit Card is a premium credit card launched by SBI last year. It is best suited for middle to high-income individuals who love to enjoy luxuries such as movie offers, airport lounge access, club vistara membership and much more.
Annual Fees: Rs. 4999
Reward rate: 0.5% – 2.5%
SBI Elite Credit Card Features and Details
|Annual Fee||Rs. 4999|
|Welcome gift||E-gift voucher worth Rs. 5000|
|Rewards||Up to 5x rewards|
|Other benefits||Free movie tickets
Airport lounge access
Fuel surcharge waiver
Club vistara membership
|Interest rate||Up to 3.35% per month, i.e. 40.20% annually|
|Late Payment charges||Rs. 0-200: Nil
Rs. 201-500: Rs. 100
Rs. 501-1000: Rs. 400
Rs. 1001- 10000: Rs. 500
Rs. 10001 and more: Rs. 750
|Cash Advance fees||SBI or other ATMs: 2.5% of transaction amount, subject to a minimum of Rs. 300
International ATM: 3% of transaction amount, subject to a minimum of Rs. 300
|Foreign currency transaction fee||1.99% of the transaction|
SBI Elite Credit Card Movie Offers
If you love watching movies, this card can help you save up to Rs. 6000 in a year. You can get 2 free movie tickets per month or Rs. 500 off whichever is less. The details of the offer are described below:
- The offer is valid only on bookings through the bookmyshow website and mobile app.
- Offer is valid on purchase of minimum 2 movie tickets
- Only primary cardholder can avail the offer
- Offer cannot be combined with any other discount/offer/promotions
- Tickets once bought cannot be cancelled, refunded, or exchanged
- The maximum discount per ticket is Rs. 250
- Welcome gift voucher worth Rs. 5000
- Earn 5x reward points on dining, grocery, and department stores
- Earn 2 reward points on all other spends
- You get complimentary Priority Pass Membership worth $99
- You get 6 complimentary airport lounge visits per year outside India (Maximum: 2 visits per quarter)
- Complimentary access to two domestic airport lounges in each quarter
- Enjoy complimentary club Vistara Membership
- You also get complimentary Trident Privilege red Tier Membership
- Lowest foreign currency markup of 1.99%
To learn more about the card, read our SBI Elite Credit Card Full Review.
3. RBL Movies & More Credit Card
The RBL Movies & More Credit Card is designed specifically for entertainment purpose. The bank has partnered with Bookmyshow and come up with a great movie credit card.
Annual Fees: Rs. 1000
Reward Rate: 0.25%- 5.00%
RBL Movies & More Credit Card Features & Details
|Annual Fees||Rs. 1000|
|Rewards||Earn 10 reward points for every Rs. 100 spent on BookMyShow and dining
Earn 20 reward points on every Rs. 100 spent on all dining on Wednesdays
1 reward point on all other purchases except fuel
|Interest Rate||Up to 3.50% per month (42.00% annually)|
|Benefits||Fuel Surcharge Waiver
|Cash advance fees||2.5% (min Rs. 300) of the cash amount|
|Late payment fees||15% of Total
amount due (Min Rs. 350, Max Rs. 1000)
|Foreign Transaction Fee||3.50%|
RBL Movies & More Credit Card Movie Offers
With this card, you get a welcome gift of 4 movie tickets worth Rs. 250 each at BookMyShow. You also earn reward points on all your movie ticket purchases on BookMyShow.
- Earn 10 reward points for every Rs. 100 spent on BookMyShow
- On spending Rs. 10000 in a month, you get 1 free movie ticket worth Rs. 250
- On spending Rs. 15000 in a month, you get 1 additional free movie ticket worth Rs. 250
The reward rate for movie ticket purchases is 2.5%.
- Earn 10 reward points on every Rs. 100 spent at dining outlets
- Earn 20 reward points on every Rs. 100 spent on all dining on Wednesdays
- You earn 1 reward point on all other purchases except fuel
- Get 5000 reward points on annual spends of more than Rs. 2 lacs
- Get additional 10000 bonus points on annual spends of more than Rs. 3.5 lacs
- Enjoy fuel surcharge waiver up to Rs. 100 per month
4. HDFC Titanium Times Credit Card
The Titanium Times Credit Card from HDFC is a great card for all movie lovers. It has a nominal annual fee of Rs. 500 which can be easily waived off if your annual spends in the previous year are Rs. 1.5 lacs or more.
Annual Fee: Rs. 500
HDFC Titanium Times Credit Card Features & Details
|Annual Fee||Rs. 500|
|Rewards||2 Reward Points for every Rs. 150 spent.
5 reward points on every Rs. 150 spent on dining on weekdays
|Default Payment Charges||3.50% per month
|Over-limit penalty||2.5% of the over-limit amount (Minimum Rs. 500)
|Late Payment Charges|| Up to 100: Nil
Above 10001: 700
|Foreign Currency Transaction||3.5%|
|Cash Advance Fees||2.50% of the cash withdrawal or minimum of Rs. 300
HDFC Titanium Credit Card Movie Offers
This card offers 25% discount on movie ticket purchases at participating movie outlets (Cinepolis). The details of the offer are described below:
- Valid for maximum 4 tickets per month per card
- The maximum discount per transaction is capped at Rs. 200
- It is a first come first serve basis offer
If you book 4 movie tickets in a month at a cost of Rs. 150 each, you get a discount of 25% and save Rs. 150 in a month. Thus, in a year you can save Rs. 1800 easily.
- Earn 2 Reward Points for every Rs. 150 spent
- Earn 5 reward points on every Rs. 150 spent on dining on weekdays i.e. Monday to Friday
- Up to 15% discounts at the participating dining outlets
To learn more about the card, read our HDFC Titanium Times Credit Card Full Review.
5. Citi Cash Back Credit Card
Citi Cash Back Credit card has a low annual fee of Rs. 500 and is best suited for recent graduates who have just started their career. For people who love to watch movies, this is a great card as you get 5% cashback on all your movie ticket purchases.
Annual Fees: Rs. 500
Reward rate: 5% cashback
Citi Cash Back Credit Card Features & Details
|Annual fee||Rs. 500|
|Cashback||5% cash back on movies, utility and telephone payments|
|Other benefits||Discounts on dining
|Default payment charges||Up to 3.50% per month, i.e. (42.00% annually)|
|Late payment charges||Rs.300 for current balance up to Rs.10000
Rs.600 for current balance from Rs. 10001 - 25000
Rs.950 for current balance above Rs.25000
|Cash Advance fee||2.5% (minimum of Rs.500 and US $7.5 at International
Citi Cash Back Credit Card Movie Offers
The card offers 5% cashback on all movie ticket purchases. The cashback has a cap of Rs. 100 per month. Thus, you can save up to Rs. 1200 annually.
- 5% cashback on movie ticket purchases
- 5% cashback on utility and telephone bill payments
- 0.5% cashback on all other purchases
- Up to 15% discount at all participating restaurants
- Convert your payments into easy EMIs
To learn more about the card, read our Citi Cash Back Credit Card Full Review.