Grocery spends are one of the most important expenditures of every household. People buy groceries at least once a week, maybe more. And now, you don’t need to search for cash while buying groceries. You can use your credit card to make your purchases. The best part is that you can save up to Rs. 6000 in a year if you use the right credit card. Just make sure you use one of the best grocery credit cards listed below.
5 Best Grocery Credit Cards in India
|Standard Chartered Manhattan Platinum Credit Card|
|Kotak Essentia Platinum Credit Card|
|SBI SimplySAVE Credit Card|
|Yes Prosperity Cashback Credit Card|
|Axis Bank My Choice Credit Card|
The top 5 grocery credit cards are listed below. These cards are ranked based on the annual saving that can be achieved on grocery spends.
1. Standard Chartered Manhattan Platinum Credit Card
The Manhattan Credit Card is special as it is one of the few cards that offer cash back as well as reward points.
Joining Fee: Rs. 499 (first year)
Annual Fees: Rs. 999 (from 2nd year)
Standard Chartered Manhattan Platinum Features & Details
|Joining Fee||Rs. 499|
|Renewal Fee||Rs. 999|
|Cash back||5% cash back on supermarkets and department stores|
|Rewards||3x rewards on other categories|
|Interest rate||Up to 3.49% per month, i.e. (41.88% annually)|
|Late payment charges||Less than and equal to Rs. 500: Rs. 100
Rs. 501- 2000: Rs. 350
Rs. 2001 - 4000: Rs. 500
Rs. 4001 - 20000: Rs. 700
More than Rs. 20000: Rs. 800
|Cash Advance fees||3.00% of the cash withdrawal or minimum of Rs. 300|
|Overseas Transaction||3.5% of the transaction|
Get 5% cashback when you shop at supermarkets and department stores:
- Big Bazaar
- Reliance Fresh
- Food Bazaar
The cashback is capped at Rs. 500 per month. To be eligible for cash back, the minimum transaction needs to be of Rs. 1000.
Annual Savings: Rs. 6000
But that’s not all:
You earn 3 reward points for every Rs. 150 spent on the following categories:
- Airline ticket reservation
The reward points you earn can be redeemed for various gifts and vouchers using the 360 rewards catalogue.
To learn more about the card, read our Standard Chartered Manhattan Platinum Credit Card Full Review.
2. Kotak Essentia Platinum Credit Card
Kotak Essentia Platinum Card fits perfectly in this category as it is made just for grocery and department store spends.
Annual Fee: Rs. 749
Reward rate: 0.04% (Minimum on other spends) – 10%(Maximum on grocery and department stores)
Kotak Essentia Platinum Credit Card Features & Details
|Joining Fees||Rs. 1499|
|Annual Fees||Rs. 749|
|Rewards||10 points on every Rs. 100 on department and grocery stores
1 point on every Rs. 250 on all other spends
|Interest rate||3.40% per month (40.80% annually)|
|Foreign currency mark up||3.50%|
|Cash Withdrawal (per Rs. 300)||Rs. 300|
|Late payment charges||Rs. 100 - Rs. 500: Rs. 100
Rs. 501 - Rs. 10000: Rs. 500
Rs. 10001 and above: Rs. 700
- Earn 10 reward points for every Rs. 100 you spend at Departmental & Grocery Stores
- Earn 1 reward point for every Rs. 250 on all other spends
- Get 6 free PVR tickets or 1200 points on spends of Rs. 1.5 lacs every 6 month
10% reward rate on department store and grocery spends is subject to the following conditions:
- The minimum transaction should be of Rs. 1500
- The maximum transaction should be of Rs. 4000
- In one month, you can save a maximum of Rs. 500.
Annual savings on grocery: Rs. 6000
To learn more about the card, read our Kotak Essentia Platinum Credit Card Review.
3. SBI SimplySAVE Credit Card
SimplySAVE is a basic credit card by SBI specifically designed for grocery, department stores, movies, and dining spends.
Annual Fee: Rs. 499
Reward rate: 2.50% (1 reward point = Rs. 0.25)
SBI SimplySAVE Credit Card Features and Details
|Annual Fee||Rs. 499|
|Rewards||10 reward points on every Rs. 100 spent on Dining, Movies, Departmental Stores and Grocery Spends and 1 reward point on every Rs. 100 spent|
|Interest Charges||3.35% per month
|Reward Redemption||Redeem your points either to pay the outstanding balance on your credit card or against a wide variety of gifts where 4 reward points equal Rs. 1|
|Late Payment Charges||0-200: Nil
Above 10000: 750
|Foreign Currency Transaction||3.5%|
- Welcome gift of 2000 bonus points on spending Rs. 2000 within first 60 days
- Earn 10 reward points on every Rs. 100 spent on grocery, Movies, Departmental Stores and dining Spends
- Earn 1 reward point on all other spends
- Fuel surcharge waiver on all petrol pumps up to Rs. 100 per month
- Spend Rs. 90000 annually and get annual fee reversed
To learn more about the card, read our SBI SimplySAVE Credit Card Full Review.
4. Yes Prosperity Cashback Plus Credit Card
The card is a good card for grocery shopping with a low-interest rate of 2.40% if you have a Yes Bank account.
Annual Fee: Rs. 1500
Yes Prosperity Cashback Plus Credit Card Features & Details
|Annual Fee||Rs.1500 + taxes|
|Interest rate||2.40% per month for Yes Bank account holders
3.22% per month for Non-Yes Bank account holders
|Cash advance charges||2.50%|
|Foreign Currency transactions fee||3.40%|
|Eligibility||Age: Minimum 21 years to maximum 60 years
Minimum Gross Salary (Annual): Rs. 5.5 lacs
|Cashback||5% on grocery, movies, bill payments
0.75% on all other retail spends
- You get 5% cash back on grocery, movies, and bill payments
- On all other retail spends, you earn 0.75% cashback
- Fuel surcharge waiver up to Rs. 125 per billing cycle
Note: The 5 % cash back is capped at Rs. 100 per month per category. Thus, you have the option to save up to Rs. 300 per month.
Total Annual Savings: Rs. 3600
Annual Savings on grocery: Rs. 1200
To learn more about the card, read our Yes Prosperity Cashback Plus Credit Card Full Review.
5. Axis Bank My Choice Credit Card
The My choice card is a customizable card which lets you select two categories in which you will get 5% cash back. The best part is that you also earn eDGE reward points on every spend.
Annual Fee: Rs. 250
Cashback: 5% (Supermarkets: Grocery)
Reward rate: 0.4% (eDGE rewards)
Axis Bank My Choice Credit Card Features & Details
|Annual Fee||Rs. 250|
|Cash back||5% on on any of two categories: Dining, Supermarkets(grocery), fuel, electronics, utility bills, travel|
|Rewards||4 points on every Rs. 200|
|Interest rate||3.25% per month (46.78%)|
|Cash withdrawal fees||2.5% (minimum Rs. 250) of the cash amount|
|Foreign currency transaction||3.5%|
|Late payment fee||0 - Rs. 100: Nil
Rs. 101 - Rs. 300: Rs. 100
Rs. 301-Rs. 1000: Rs. 300
Rs. 1001-Rs. 5000:Rs. 500
Rs. 5001-Rs. 20000: Rs. 600
Rs. 20001 and more: Rs. 700
- Get 5% cashback on any of two categories: Dining, Supermarkets(grocery), fuel, electronics, utility bills, travel
- Earn 4 eDGE reward points for every Rs. 200 spent
- Get 100 reward points on the first online transaction
The 5% cash back is subject to the following conditions:
- In a calendar year, the maximum cash back cannot exceed Rs. 1000
- Maximum cash back per statement cycle cannot exceed Rs.250
- No Reward points will be earned on selected cash back categories
Annual saving on grocery: Rs. 1000
To learn more about the card, read our Axis Bank My Choice Credit Card Review.